Syrah – Sallier de la tour
SALLIER DE LA TOUR
For Sallier de La Tour the Syrah represents a key variety, for its development potential in this territory. The Sicilian expression of a variety with unknown origins that found a way to thrive in this area. A slow and complete ripening enhances the typical notes of this vineyard, resulting in a ruby red wine with purple shades, with an intense and fruited aroma and hints of small blackberries and spices.
- Grapes: Syrah
- Appellation: Sicilia DOC
- Vine growing area: Sallier de La Tour Estate – Monreale (PA) – Sicily
- Training system: espalier
- Pruning system: spurred cordon
- Vines density: 4.000
- Yield per ha: 60 ql
- Fermentation: traditional in red
- Fermentation temperature: 28°C
- Duration of fermentation: 20 days
- Malolactic fermentation: fully developed
- Ageing: 30% in 225-liter French oak barrels (Allier and Tronçais), second and third use, for circa 12 months, 70% in stainless steel.
- Alcohol content: 13% Vol.
- Wine analytical data: pH 3,64 – TA 5,25 g/l – RS 0,9 g/l – ET 29,2 g/l