Nero d’Avola – Sallier de la tour
SALLIER DE LA TOUR
The low yields guarantee a high quality and concentrated harvest. Choosing to age wine partly in wood and partly in steel barrels, allows us to combine fresh and fruited notes of a young wine, to extremely elegant spicy and liquorish aromas, which are usually indicators of good aging potential through time.
- Grapes: Nero d’Avola
- Appellation: Sicilia DOC
- Vine growing area: Sallier de La Tour Estate – Monreale (PA) – Sicily
- Training system: espalier
- Pruning system: spurred cordon
- Vines per ha: 4.000
- Yields per ha: 68 ql
- Fermentation: traditional for red
- Fermentation temperature: 28°C
- Duration of fermentation: 20 days
- Malolactic fermentation: fully developed
- Ageing: 30% of must for 12 months in second and third passage 225 liter French (Allier & Tronçais) oak barrels, 70% in staineless steel tanks.
- Alcohol content: 13% Vol.
- Wine analytical data: pH 3,62 – TA 5,36 g/l – RS 0,7 g/l – ET 30,5 g/l