La Monaca – Sallier de la tour
SALLIER DE LA TOUR
La Monaca, from the name of the historical winery, is made from grapes harvested in the oldest Syrah vineyard on the Estate. A Sicilian expression of a variety with contested origins, but that in the area of the DOC Monreale has found a choice terroir, specifìcally in the Jato Valley. Deep, black, balsamic and spicy notes mix with a Mediterranean crispness.
- Grapes: Syrah
- Appellation: Monreale DOC
- Vine growing area: Sallier de La Tour Estate – Monreale (PA) – Sicily Vineyard: La Monaca Ha 2
- Planting year: 2011
- Vineyard altitude: 320 m a.s.l.
- Vineyard exposure: South/West
- Training system: espalier
- Pruning system: spurred cordon
- Yields per ha: 85 ql
- Harvest period: September 8th
- Fermentation: traditional in red
- Fermentation temperature: 25-30°C
- Duration of fermentation: 15 days
- Malolactic fermentation: fully developed
- Ageing: in French oak barrels for 14 months
- Alcohol content: 15% Vol.
- Wine analytical data: pH 3,58 – TA 6,06 g/l – RS 1,9 g/l – ET 33 g/l
Out of stock